ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedo problem :(

slow 172 rep
Im having a problem with my speedo could anyone suggest whats wrong please :(

I was driving along on the dual carriageway and the speedo suddenly just went from 70 to 40 and wont go above 40. When i accelerate the speedo moves slower then it normally does. is this a problem with a sensor does anyone know?

thanks

Dean

slow 172 rep
Where abouts would my ABS Sensor ring be?

more problems now hmmmm :( my power steering is going funny. the hand break light and the Stop sign on my dash come on then my steering either goes really heavy or really light but normally heavy. Any ideas anyone?

Think its time for a new car? hmmmm gives me a good excuse if its going to cost loads to replace

Abs sebsor is on the top of the hub just above the driveshaft the ring is the the drivbeshaft just below the sensor

more problems now hmmmm :( my power steering is going funny. the hand break light and the Stop sign on my dash come on then my steering either goes really heavy or really light but normally heavy. Any ideas anyone?
ABS ring is most likly broken new ones arn't that expensive or difficult to fit

Could my ABS ring cause my steering to go all funny? sorry for so many questions

Your power assisted stearing is all electric it only knows how fast the car goes by the abs system. The speed etc depends on the assist it give ie heavy/light stearing.

Since the abs ring is slipping then the abs things that wheel is skidding hence the abs issue.

Also the speedo keeps giving silly results to the PAS system so you get heavy/light stearing