ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedometer not working

clio 172 cup
I took out my Acoustic valve yesterday and when I drove the car today I found that my speedometer is not working, has anyone had this problem before? and how can it be rectified?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
new speedo sensor, check the connections to yours first though.

RB FF 182
I have a faulty sensor at the moment. First thing I'm going to do is check the connection to the dials by removing top half of dash and checking everythings plugged in ok!

If you have an early 172 like mine (2002) or a cup, then I beleive the speedo sensor is located on the top of the gear box, and apparently takes 5 minutes to change. I haven't done mine yet as it's working OK at the moment. This should give you an idea of where the sensor is http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=487994&highlight=where+is+speedo+sensor

I'm gonna do mine over the weekend if Renault have any sensors in stock.

clio 172 cup
I have a faulty sensor at the moment. First thing I'm going to do is check the connection to the dials by removing top half of dash and checking everythings plugged in ok!

If you have an early 172 like mine (2002) or a cup, then I beleive the speedo sensor is located on the top of the gear box, and apparently takes 5 minutes to change. I haven't done mine yet as it's working OK at the moment. This should give you an idea of where the sensor is http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=487994&highlight=where+is+speedo+sensor

I'm gonna do mine over the weekend if Renault have any sensors in stock.

Cheers mate, I'll check that out this aftermoon.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
sorry fella, forgot to reply, yeah as above - scroll down to the picture might be a bugger to pull out, mine was, the new one popped in easy as pie.

Just try taking it out first and cleaning it up.