ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spraying bump strips. how?

Punto Evo Abarth
hello, i am looking at spraying my bump strips on my 03 clio, im aware i have to smooth them off, just wnt to know whats the best way to do it? thanks alot in advance for your help.

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
You'll need to rub your bump strips down first is they have a textured finish. Start with something like a 320 grit then finish with 1500 grit .Now clean / degrease them with panel wipe . Next a few coats of plastic primer . Rub them down again with 1500 grit until they are nice and smooth and your happy with the finish .

Make sure they are clean and grease free befoe you apply any primer ,paint etc ... ,use some panel wipe , maybe even a tac cloth .

Spray with the colour thinly , too thick and it will run .How many coats is up to you , personally i'd give them at least 3 possibly even 6 , again depends how thick you apply it and when your happy with the finish .

If the finish is good apply the lacquer .If the colour is a bit rough rub them down with 2000 grit and clean thoroughly , removing any dust , grease etc ...

If you apply the lacquer too thin it can give a slightly matt finish , too thick and and it can go a bit cloudy and run . A bit of trial and error here .

Leave them to cure for a few days then polish them up with some meguiars scratch x

Do it in a warmish environment ( not your bedroom , lol ) .

this help?

1.6 16v
You need to use acid primer before the plastic primer of it will come off with a pressure washer! :)

Steve