ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spraying help

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
ive sprayed a set of wheels this morning and got a run in the paint how do i remove it?

and how long till i can laquer the wheels ?

arctic 182 black wheels
personally m8 if you can get a hold of a DA machine i wud sand it all bak down and start again, what colour you done them??

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
rover stone grey! there on a set of oz ultraleggeras i dont reallly want to start again tbh is there no way around it

arctic 182 black wheels
not sure with wet paint, i powder coated mine at work 2 ensure i could get no runs, my m8 works at a paint shop and he may know a few tips, i'l speak 2 him l8r and drop u a pm

106 GTi
As soon as it is dry just flat the run out. No need to wait between colour coats and lacquer.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
As soon as it is dry just flat the run out. No need to wait between colour coats and lacquer.

Really?.. I've tried this before, and it messes up the colors in the paint, as in, some bits merge into the other bits of the paint, causing it to discolor! :S

I thought the best way was to wait for the paint to dry, then lacquer over it, so then the paint doesn't distort/spread.

Punto/Clio GTT
ive sprayed a set of wheels this morning and got a run in the paint how do i remove it?

and how long till i can laquer the wheels ?

either dry the paint with a hot air gun, or leave it a few hours, then wetflat the run out with P800, P1000 or P1200 (whatever you have really), then repaint where you flatted through. probably give it all another once over too