ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

springs/torsion lowering

I see on this site it mentions that you can lower the clio by adjusting the torsion bar at the back and changing the springs on the front.

I see on the koni site that it suggests using springs without changing the shocks can be dangerous, has anyone found this to be true or have you all changed your shocks as well?

Basically I have just put new wheels on and its screeming to be lowered, I want to do this the cheapest way possible for the time being.

the shocks will make the ride more comfortable but i dont think changing the springs only is dangerous. I have been driving around on a lowered clio rt for a while and had no problems

Bmw M4 & Clio 16v

basically you can drop the car on only springs. if you drop like 40mm then you can actually get a smoother ride with standard shocks as they have more give in them but if you wanna go really low then shocks are recommended.

You have to adjust the torsion bar at the back of clios but keep standard shocks or it really bounces!