ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Srp & Egp

is it me or are they really dusty...

might be the way i apply it but when its sunny it seems to dry a little to quick to polish with.

Also last time i polished the car i think i must of had a little bit of dirt or grit on the pad as i now have a couple of scratches.
There not deep and should come out but whoops:dapprove:

106 GTi
User error IMO - SRP dusts when to much is used and it is not worked correctly. There should be little or nothing to remove when worked properly so no dust. Any dust is excess wasted product.

EGP - needs to be applied so thinnly, again if over appliued the excess product that dusts is just waste.

Mini Cooper
I agree with Rich, when I first used the SRP, I put it on quite thickly, and left it sitting there so you could see it, then wiped it off. I couldnt understand what all the fuss was about!!Yesterday, I used both the SRP and the EGP and they came up a treat, just need to work the SRP in and keep working it in until it looks like its gone, then wipe off with a microfibre cloth!!

106 GTi
SRP can be.

Depending on what cut you want to give it, either use a polishing or finsihing pad. It works really well by machine. I tend to use it on a Sonus DAS Green or SFX white.

Still apply the EGP by hand though.

used Sfx white pad recently via the pc and gave great results with the SRP. Then followed it up with some jeffs

i think i really need to get myself a PC as last time i had it machine polished it didnt remove many swirls. i was told that if they used and cutting compound or polish like that it would bring up a white haze is this right?

106 GTi
A white haze?

A properly executed machine polish should leave you with near perfect paint finish as long as there are not to many deep scratches and chips.

well thats what i thought.

apparently after a few days it would come up all hazy due to the type of paint.

it really needs a good pc'ing with a decent cut polish as i need to get rid of the swirl marks that were there before i got the car and dont seem to want to come out by hand. anyone nearby have a pc that fancys doing mine?

Milltek'd 182
so wait a sec.. are u ment to rub the srp in!!!!?

and all this time ive just been coating it in gently.

lol yes. its abrasive, so moving it about against the paint will take out scratches and take off a very thin layer to bring the paint up better.

Milltek'd 182
lol it wont matter too much, will have done some good. but give it some work on light scratches and it will take them out, and will help with swirl marks. remember for next time ;)

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I apply it with a sponge. It leaves a very thin coat and there's virtually no dust when it's buffed off.