ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stalk / display adapters

Abarth 500 Essesse
am i right in thinking that you cannot get an adapter that will make the display and stalk controls work for an alpine stereo, original HU is an update list unit?

BMW M135i
Theres the incartec adapter that CAD sell that gives you your stalk control back and displays "Alpine" on the display, thats £40. And theres an alpine adapter that will give you stalk and information on the screen (station name, track name/number etc), thats about £90+ though.

clio III dyn s 106 hp
Anyone know where you can get this alpine adapter as i can't see any at all on the alpine europe site? Is it for an update list stereo?

is the alpine adaptor worth the extra cash?

how much different is it from the CAD one again? also i heard the alpine adaptor is a dash off job as a plug needs to be connected to the clock where as the CAD one isnt

megane/clio
you dont need to take the dash off with these adapters , they just plug in behind the head unit , i've got them fitted in my megane , you get radio stations displayed and track names when your using cd's plus all stalk functions , my mrs also has an alpine head unit with these adapters in her clio but they dont work as well as in the megane , theres a delay before the radio names and track names change on the display ,also the stalk controls are intermittent , so i'm thinking of taking the alpine ones out of hers and trying the incartec ones in the clio , i think the problem may be that the wiring for the stalk controls in the clio are possibly from the phase one clio , but i aint sure. :)

BMW M135i
I had the screen delay and intermittant controls when I fitted the alpine adapter in my 1.6 dynamique, now i've fitted it in the 172 it works perfectly! Work that one out! :S