ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stalling at random speeds/variety of faults on diagnostic computer

02 Silver DCiExtreme
Has anybody had this problem ? I drive a 2002 DCI and I've had an inconsistent fault where the car will stall at random speeds, be that 20/30 mph in 2nd gear or 40mph in 3rd. Also, the car is more prone to stalling when taking off from first or reverse. So far the problem has only occurred in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and reverse gears.
I plugged this into a diagnostics computer where it brought up a variety of fault codes (coolant temperature sensor, atmospheric pressure sensor, egr valve sensors, crankshaft position sensor etc), the only fault code which continued o show up each time the error codes were erased was the coolant temperature sensor - short feed to earth. I was thinking that when I replaced the clutch could this have crimped, broken or frayed the wiring harness and be throwing up these faults ? However, could this possibly be the reason as to the stalling which will not always happen ?

Cheers,
Gavin

Last edited: