ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stalling

Fiesta ST-2
My car has recently started embarrasing me in car parks by stalling.
Its when Im in first gear and dip the clutch, it doesn't stall when idling or anything. If i rev it, it falls and reaches a steady idle. If I rev and dip the clutch the revs fall all the way down and it stalls. Any ideas?

Fiesta ST-2
Nope I can dip the clutch at idle in first or neutral doesn't do anything. I figured to make it stall I have to rev then press the clutch in... Which is usually when Im just about to turn into a parking space.

Fabia vRS
Maybe its to do with the throttle body momentarily sticking or some general problem with the ECU sensors and fuel injection system. It's sounds from your description that the car has a momentary problem associated with adjusting the position of the throttle potentiometer; that is when the car is moving at a substantial speed and you adjust your right foot on the throttle, the momentum of the car when it is in gear stops it from stalling during its momentary problem. When the car is not in gear and you rev, the engine has no source of mementum to stop it from stalling.

Either that or you can't drive properly lol :rasp:

Fiesta ST-2
lol... The engine light has popped up 3-4 times and lasts for a few days. This problem has on occured recently though. I plan on getting an RS tuner soon so hopefully It might find the fault!

Fabia vRS
lol... The engine light has popped up 3-4 times and lasts for a few days. This problem has on occured recently though. I plan on getting an RS tuner soon so hopefully It might find the fault!

Yeah it might be a good idea to check for fault codes.