ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard CD Player

2010 Jetta TDi 140
Evening all,

This is my first post on here so apologies if I get it wrong!

I picked up my 2004 172 today and it has an after market JVC headunit. My question is, how good or bad are the standard head units?

I have had aftermarket headunits in previous cars and they have always attracted the attention of thieves! I'm thinking of getting a standard one from ebay

If the standard ones are rubbish, I'll just keep the JVC.

P.S, the 172 is awsome!!

Thanks for any assistance.

Last edited by a moderator:
  RS 182 CUP
Welcome mate, I've a standard one and it's pretty good, depends if you want subs and that. Welcome to cliosport mate

Da

Less
The standard ones are more than upto the job, especially if the speakers haven't also been upgraded.

Personally I'm not a massive fan of aftermarket units, especially OTT ones, as you say, they attract unwanted attention.

Welcome to the forum too :)

2010 Jetta TDi 140
Cheers for the quick reply! I'm not that bothered about subs etc, I'm looking to buy an induction kit so that's the only music I'll need!

Thanks.

RS 182 CUP
Get a panel filter if you want any power gains, induction kit just sucks in hot air, but sounds ace it's what Ive got!

2010 Jetta TDi 140
Cheers for the advise, I'll have to think what I want. Only had the car since Tuesday so don't want to make any fast decisions and regret it later.