ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard CD Players

Evo MR FQ300 & Clio V6

I have a tape head unit in my Mk1 V6 and wanted to upgrade it. I bought a Cabasse unit from one of the new 182s but the wiring for the display and remote must be seperate (2 plugs instead of one yellow) - Can anyone verify this?

I then bought a cd player from a standard model and this wires in fine but the code supplied is wrong. I also noticed that both the cd headunits are slightly wider than the tape.

Any ideas if you can get a cable that will covert the loom so I can use the cabasse one??? - Or does anyone know how much renault charge to decode the stereo (probably cheaper to buy a new aftermarket stereo!!)

Cheers
Simon

Evo MR FQ300 & Clio V6

The Car came with a tape head unit with CD changer under the seat. I dont own any tapes I wanted a cd headunit that still controls the cd changer. Eaisest option without lossing the display and remote controls was to buy a renault cd headunit. I was told the Cabasse would fit and had a better amp etc. Just this problem with the remote and display wires. My car has a yellow plug that connects the display and the remote - I am starting to think the later clios have two plugs one for the display and one for the remote.

Cheers

my old 2001 Mk2 Ph1 clio had seperate connectors for the display and remote... havent looked yet for the RS1 tho.