ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard Clio 172 ph2 Non Cup factory toe values.

2002 Clio II Ph2 172
Hello everyone.

Checking Dialogys technical docs, using my car's VIN, i can only find front toe values for ph1 172, ph2 172 CUP (they call it the SPL Sport light version), and ph2 182, as well as all the other clio cars. What is the Renault recomended front Toe value for my 2002 PH2 172 non cup?

Searched around a lot, and i see users using and recomending roughly 12 MINS toe out in most models, but in the tech docs these values vary between models.

This is an all stock daily driver and i want tire wear as even as possible. I know this geometry subject have been covered a lot before but i could never find Renault's official recomended front toe values for this particular 172 RS! It will avoid a lot of confusion in dealing with tyre repair shops around here. Im in Portugal by the way, Portugese Clio.

Thank you very much.

2002 Clio II Ph2 172
Im currently on -0º.12' total toe and it seems fine, steering more responsive. Its the value for the 182 according to Dialogys. More tendency to wander but i dont mind. Will see how the front tires wear out in the long run. Just could never find the value recomended by Renault. i thought that 0 value was only for the cup version?

2002 Clio II Ph2 172
Had another look and finaly found it if anyone is interested. The Toe settings for the Ph2 172 Non Cup.

Clio 2 from june 2001 onwards with 195 45 16r wheels and F4R engine. Thats got to be it. On a document called 3567a.pdf

"Special features of the axle assemblies from June 2001 fitted on Clio II with the F4R engine."

Toe-out
0°14' ± 10'
1.7 mm ± 1.2 mm

This was doing my head in. Was about to go ask my local dealer on Monday.

Toe-out
0°14' ± 10'
1.7 mm ± 1.2 mm

This was doing my head in. Was about to go ask my local dealer on Monday.
Toe out across the axle 14 minutes, with a possible range plus or minus 10 minutes.
Which is equivalent to 1.7 mm toe out, plus or minus 1.2 mm.