ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

standard or modded

Clio 182
modding is great fun dude, but its something you should only start if it something you really enjoy etc (how can you if you aint done it lol i know, but if u find it really interesting i mean)

Once you start, you'll soon find its hard to stop

It is hard to stop, after a few months you start thinking, whats next? I could'nt do much more purley because I could not afford it. Almost brought some h+r's but had to settle for springs which I brought back in november time (which I still need to fit LOL!!)

Monaco Blue 172
Yes but the point is that modding the car will generally be a money pit. Most mods wont actually add value to the car and in some cases, buyers will be put off. I've read lots of threads on here where people say they will only buy standard etc because there seems to be a notion that a modified car has had a hard life. In reality thats not always the case as is proved by many cs members. However, the potential buyer at the end of the day is more likely to be joe bloggs who is looking for mint standard RS's on autotrader.

If you feel like modding the car then go for it. Just ensure you plan ahead and factor in any related costs at a later date so you dont get stung. As mentioned above; alot of people keep original parts etc so they can return to standard when selling. Thats a sound idea imo and you can always sell the mods on here afterwards to cover any removal costs.
wise words, mod if u want to by all means but make sure u can really afford it! i think the phrase "money pit" can apply to clios in general regardless of mods! i've only had mine 8 months and although i'd thought i might do some mods to it, i quickly decided not to because the running costs alone are much higher than my previous car! of course having a dodgy cam dephaser and losing a fight with a badger hasn't exactly helped... :coffee:

i still love it tho ;)