ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard or Upgraded Door and Rear speakers.

Edition 30
Unfortunately I have blown both my passenger side speakers.

Anyone recommend upgraded speakers or where I can get standard ones from at a good price?

RFB

BG 182 FF
Go to Halfords, Fli speakers are good quality and cheap, about £25 for a pair of 5" door speakers :)

Stripped yozza'd cup
Go to Halfords, Fli speakers are good quality and cheap, about £25 for a pair of 5" door speakers :)

FLI are shocking.
Buy quality speakers or don't bother. Focal are superb, but you pay for the quailty..... Try JL audio.

But yes, the speakers are 5 1/4''

RFB

BG 182 FF
FLI are shocking.
Buy quality speakers or don't bother. Focal are superb, but you pay for the quailty..... Try JL audio.

But yes, the speakers are 5 1/4''

Depends on how much you are wanting to spend i guess :)

RFB

BG 182 FF
You can simply measure them to find out, just pop of the mesh grill that covers them with a flathead screwdriver :)

Edition 30
is it worth upgrading the speakers if your still on a standard head unit?

Probably not mate, but I can probably find some decent upgraded ones for the same price Renault would charge for new standards...

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
ive got some 13cm alpine coax's in mine and they are spot on with the standard unit, not going to blow you away but certainly better!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
was thinking about upgrading my sound system too, decided to do it bit by bit though, which to start with first? head unit or speakers?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
another question here, just had a look at my speakers and i cant fugure out what screw is used.. looks like a alan key type one but none i have fit?

Edition 30
Are these the best value for money speaker upgrade then?

also, are the rear speakers the same size as the front?
I would say so mate.

Rears are smaller I think, dead easy to measure.

Pop the covers off around then and its a star key to remove the screws.