ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STAR - Business ISP

Better than yours. C*nt.
We've got a load of ADSL stuff from them, what you want to know? Slopey-shouldered t***s as well, never their fault and forever just 'losing' all of our Star-provided sites. No SLA either, so just 'It'll come back'.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
lol they sound nearly as awesome as call centre 'im reading off a sheet, its your interal wiring Demon' :/

SLK 350
Hm... Nit strictly true in my experience. We're plugged to their 10/100 MPLS cloud, loads of bband users, and numerous SDSL/LL sites with them.

Generally they're not bad, but this week they're farking dire. CS wise they're doing 'OK', but the service is w@nk, to which they're pointing to a faulty ATM card at one of their exchanges - basically it's bought a number of sites/Citrix workers to their knees, complete ball ache as we've just rolled our new Mitel VOIP system out to them, which is obviously also fked due to ISDN redundancy having not been correctly prepped - thanks r****d engineer.

SLA for us is 4 hours, but we need that as we basically rely on them (too much). Actually considering looking at Voyager as STAR have began to go downhill in recent months, compared to the level they were at.

Anyway, I digress. Anybody also on STAR having issues since Tuesday?

BMW F21 125d
STAR Internet run their stuff over our network (Global Crossing), they lease bandwidth from us and lease it out to others.

197 F1 R27
Why would an ATM line card problem affect your traffic. Most modern MPLS networks use GigE WAN PHY as a frame and either VPLS meshing or kompeller layer 3 VPN. Sound like a bullshit excuse to me. Anyway where the is the resilient ATM PVC in all this?