ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting and idleing problem??

Mk1 1993 1.4 RT
Hi, new to furom so go easy on me.

I have just bought a mk1 L reg 1.4 RT clio. and i drove it all the way back from luton to birmingham with only 1 problem (the centre section of the exhaust snapped where it connects to the back box) so i tied it up untill i got home. I went out this morning and startd the car, then it just cuts out. i started it again and revved it then i took my foot off the accelerator and it struggles to idle and cuts out again!

Any ideas? (bear in mind the back box is still not connected)

Mk1 1993 1.4 RT
had a echanic out today and he said the car is over fuelling and needs a new fuel injector unit. so im gunna go scrappy toorrow and grab a carb and inlet manifold. Trouble is how do you get these off?

Ive undone all the bolts i can find, disconnected all tubes/ hoses. but still no joy. im guessing theres a gasket or somesort of seal between the inlet mani and engine block?

HELP!

Thanks in advance