ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

starting issue!

Ph1 track 172
was driving my clio as per usual tonight. pulled over for abit for reasons i shall not bore you with, about half an hour later, go to turn her on....

and.....

nothing, not a pickle!

everything else works fine, lights, sterio, just seems the starter motors being an arse.

luckily i was on a slight slope and managed to bump it (which it did with very little effort) to get home!

going to have a look at the starter motor in the week, but is there anything i should be looking for??

NB. Im pretty sure the battery was not flat, as it didnt even attempt to start, not a whine, the headlights didnt even dim when turning the key.

the battery in the car is good, and only 2 years old so im pretty certain its not that.

any ideas anyone??

Focus RS mk1
the connection to the starter will probably have corrosion on it, mine was exactly the same and only ever played up when warm. took it off cleaned up the connection with sandpaper and connection on the starter and re-fit. fine ever since. worth a bash

Megane dci 130
Yup, more of a common problem on the d4f/d7f aswell. Really easy to check.

At the front of the engine where the dipstick goes down. Just to the right of that is the starter. Remove the white wire and clean her up as stated above.

Ph1 track 172
thanks guys, ill have a go tonight,

perhaps ive over exposed it to sh!tty conditions being too low :D

Ph1 track 172
tried the car this evening,

after doing nothing, and it started absolutley fine,

so it may well be the moisture after i was driving, or the heat of the engine.

any ideas?

Focus RS mk1
was it warm when you tried it this evening? mine was intermittent it could go 2 weeks without a problem then do it everyday for 2 weeks. have you looked at the connections yet?

Ph1 track 172
nope it was cold when i tried it, and it worked

warm both times it didnt,

so it may be that, or it may be the moisture as i had been doing some motorway miles the day it packed up,

going to have a look at the connections when it stops raining,

does the car have to be in the air?? or is the connection accessed by lifting the bonnet??