ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting issue...

Renault clio 2005
Hi wonder if anyone can help

I have a clio 2005 expression DCI 65 the engine turns over but dose not start immediately, it takes two or three tries and pushing the accelerator down a little bit.

I have checked and the immobiliser light and it doesn't flash when trying to start.
I've tried the spare key and changed battery just in case. I've also taken the crank shaft sensor out and cleaned but no change.

I had an issue recently where it completely stopped working, turns out there was a crack in the fuel priming bulb and causing air in the fuel lines but this has now been replaced. But the issue with starting is still there.

Any ideas greatly appreciated :)

Renault clio 2005
Sometimes when it's warmed up it better to start but then some times it's just as bad as when it's warm.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Scan with clip to see if any faults are stored. Next step for me would be leakoff test on injectors and go from there.

Krarl

ClioSport Club Member
Empty the contents of the fuel filter into a black spray paint cap

If there’s any metal flek in there the pump will have gone. If there isn’t then do as above and leak off test injectors as it will more than likely be one of those causing the issue