ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

starting trouble

R

regi172cup

im having trouble with my 172 cup,now and then when i go to start the car i turn the key and nothing happens at all,ive changed the starter motor and sprayed all the connections with electrical cleaner im now starting to think it must be a faulty wire or something,just wondered if anyone has had same problem

golf
might be the immobiliser and key, mine turned over but didnt start, took it to the stealers and they said i needed a new key

Honda Integra Type R
Could be a TDC Sensor those tend to screw up on clio's does it start intermittantely if so thats what it is

cliosport
I live in australia and have just gone through the same issue with my cliosport intermittently refusing to start - you'll find plenty info if you do a search on starting.
There are two common things that happen when the car fails to start. A) the car turns over but won't fire - this usually signifies a crank tdc sensor problem and is an easy fix. B) the car does not turn over at all. Most likely an immobiliser problem. Check to see that when you turn the key to the on position (pause just before starting) the circular red light in the dash starts flashing quickly. This means that the ignition does not recognise your key and it won't let the car start. (the red light is supposed to go solid and then off) Try your spare. If same thing happens from time to time then the problem is most likely your ignition decoder. Otherwise your key/s are playing up. Battery change won't help. You have to get new key/s.
Good luck. :D