ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steadycam for £0 :)

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yep thats right when you are bored and its raining outside it is possible to knock up a steadycam for free using bits and bobs in the garage/house.

i based mine on this style design

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sF0IbehZLWk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sF0IbehZLWk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

all i used was a monopod, put an exhaust clamp on the end, a weight off an old floating bookshelf secured with some jubilee clamps (it rests on the exhaust clamp) then for the horizontal bar i found my old steering wheel clamp worked perfectly lol the best thing is that is all the parts are easily removable so i didnt ruin my monopod in the process

excuse the s**t pics lol
steadycam1.jpg

steadycam2.jpg

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Nice mate, will defo try one of these, been doing alot of filming recently using gibs, dolly's etc but nothing steady, good to have a play about.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yeah its not very pretty but its was free lol in the really quick test i did it definately makes a difference. especially when walking it gives a much smoother gluide appearance and any movement there does happen to be is heavily reduced, meaning it looks more like just the camera placement rather than that heavy wobble and distortion you get from normal camera shake

Last edited: