ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stealers......

Clio Sport 172
After my car starting and not startring this weekend I am off to the stealers tomorrow to have it diagnosed......If it is the ring around the ingniton barrel that is at fault, can I change this myself?

Does it need to be done with their computer????

After my car starting and not startring this weekend I am off to the stealers tomorrow to have it diagnosed......If it is the ring around the ingniton barrel that is at fault, can I change this myself?

Does it need to be done with their computer????

What exactly is happeneing if the red light do the dash doens't go out when you turn the key then its an imobiliser issue and usualy as you said its the pickupring/wiring at fault a new ones not to badly priced easy to chnage and no need for anything programming etc. Try your other key though.

If the light does go out then its somehting else.

Clio Sport 172
Ok...when I jump in my car now I turn ignition lights on and wait for the red light to go out before starting just so I can confirm immob probs....

If the light stays lit then it will not start....if the light goes out then it will start.....

Which proves to me immob probs....As for using second key, I only had the 1 when I bought the car privately!!

Clio Sport 172
Just came back from Renault having my car plugged into the diagnostics....found memorised fault with ring decoder...also found relays to be corroded.

They cleared the fault, cleaned the relays and resynced my key....hopefully this sorted it?????

Just came back from Renault having my car plugged into the diagnostics....found memorised fault with ring decoder...also found relays to be corroded.

They cleared the fault, cleaned the relays and resynced my key....hopefully this sorted it?????

Yep will do most likly.