ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stealth Shelf

partybish

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm, it's possible but I was just hoping there was somewhere I could get a really good quality one off the shelf so to speak. I see caraudiosecurity have them but I'm not sure how good they'd be. Anyone have any experience of these?

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
good solid shelfs if its the audioaccustics one they sell. had one years about. would have one again, better than the crappy orginals

2003 1.2 billabong
the only thing with a stealth shelf is you have a bad crash and it can come through the car and hit you in the head.

A mate of mine has a scar on the back of his head where the stealth shelf came through the car

partybish

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the replies guys, I'd not really considered the safety angle but you're right, that has put me off.

I am considering just upgrading the existing speakers and getting an amp to improve the sound quality.

2003 1.2 billabong
Thanks for the replies guys, I'd not really considered the safety angle but you're right, that has put me off.

I am considering just upgrading the existing speakers and getting an amp to improve the sound quality.

yeah a decent set of speakers and a sub would do the trick, if you dont want to screw things down you can always velcro the amp to the boot floor