ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steam - including latest offers

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
In-case anyone is wondering, Sniper 2 is worth £8.49, I really enjoyed it (much to my surprise) as the first one was cack.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Steam is being very hit and miss for me at the moment, probably hasn't refreshed properly, £3.74 is a bargain for it, definitely worth that.

So far I have just got

Fuel
Ibomber defence pacific
Just cause 2
Left 4 dead bundle
Race 07
sniper 2

This is going to be an expensive month, I'm just waiting for farcry 3 to drop to 50% or more.

Cupra
I bought a couple but they are all crashing my PC. I've clearly got some random problem as nobody seems to have anything similar according to google. All modern games are playing fine, but anything from before 2010 kills the ATI driver and either the game crashes or Windows does.

I even tied to buy a new SSD today to do a fresh windows instal to try it, but they only had 128GB in stock and I want the 256. :(

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh having bought them, I should've just stuck with Dirt2 as both GRID and Dirt3 are pretty much the same. Same graphics, engine, flashbacks etc.

Looks nice though I suppose.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I've just bought Football Manager 2013 - been wanting to get it for ages and it's finally on offer! Haven't played football manager for years!

I've just bought Football Manager 2013 - been wanting to get it for ages and it's finally on offer! Haven't played football manager for years!

I HATE football with a passion, but I read earlier on another forum that a lot of people are going back to FM 2012, something to do with stupid rules or whatnot. Considering you've not played it for years you might get along alright with it.

For those asking about Football Manager 2013, I've actually went back to FM2012 at this point now, as FM13 changed tactics in a way that just made it a more frustrating game. FM2012 is just a lot more fun and in case you're the type of person to download plug and play tactics from siforums or fmbase, definately stick with FM12 as those are a lot more difficult to make and as such a lot of the creators of those tactics have given up.

If you love spending hours tinkering with your tactic though FM13 would be best for you, I just prefer FM12 because I don't have time for FM to be my job and to learn every single nuance which you kinda have to do with FM13.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Bought the Shades of Darkness expansion for HOMM6 as I really like the series. Supposedly stupidly difficult campaign, but hey-ho.

Just got Doom BFG Edition for £4.99. Still no idea (or real care) what the Steam trading cards are for.... ;)

​D.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I HATE football with a passion, but I read earlier on another forum that a lot of people are going back to FM 2012, something to do with stupid rules or whatnot. Considering you've not played it for years you might get along alright with it.

Played it for a few hours this evening and I'm really liking it. I'm not great at it, had a kit of losses, but I'm enjoying it, which is the main thing.

Nissan 350z
So whats the deal with the cards? Whenever i vote i seem to get given one. Likewise some of my games are giving me cards but they only ever give 4 and you need 5 for a badge... or something? /confused.

Cupra
I've bought two but can't get the cunting things to work! Older games seem to kill the graphics card/ driver or result in a BSOD.

New windows install in 3,2,1....

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
When will I learn - lol.

I bought Wargame - European Escalation when it was released and thought it was shat. Why then, did I buy the follow-up Airland Battle?? I have it in my head that it will be a glorified C&C with authentic units - but it's nothing of the sort. The tutorial (a bit like on the first game) is quite frankly, one of the worst I have ever come across. Literally - game launched - get on with it. Get on with what, exactly?

Uninviting, difficult, very unclear as to what is going on. Unless you're a fan of the original - stay WELL clear.

​D.

Evo 5 RS
Just bought F.E.A.R (the original) for 1.79 out of the pack. If you've not played the original you're missing out, one of the best FPSs in recent years. Second one isn't bad either, just stay away from FEAR 3.

Evo 5 RS
I played it when it came out in 05. Can't believe it's that old TBH. It's such a good game. The A.I and particle effects still hold up now.

The DLC is pants though as Monolith sold the franchise. Then eventually bought it back for F,E,A,R 2 Project Origin (which was originally called 'Project Origin' due to rights). Also a great game just FYI.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I aint getting that! I seen one glitch where the little girl follows your around instead of dissapearing... Look on youtube, pants b shat.

Lol. I remember a similar bit from the first game iirc, where you walked along a gantry, turned around to climb down some ladders and she was stood right there facing you. Proper made me jump that part! :p

D.

I just don't do scary games. If you stood behind me in broad daylight and i knew you were behind me I'd still probably jump.
The f**king monsters in Minecraft scared me mun.

So when my mate put Amnesia on my computer and me and him played a bit each, he always got the upper hand as he played it before and knew where you see it sometimes. :(

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I just don't do scary games. If you stood behind me in broad daylight and i knew you were behind me I'd still probably jump.
The f**king monsters in Minecraft scared me mun.

So when my mate put Amnesia on my computer and me and him played a bit each, he always got the upper hand as he played it before and knew where you see it sometimes. :(

I put about 10 minutes into that lol. Scary s**t.

Nissan 350z
When will I learn - lol.

I bought Wargame - European Escalation when it was released and thought it was shat. Why then, did I buy the follow-up Airland Battle?? I have it in my head that it will be a glorified C&C with authentic units - but it's nothing of the sort. The tutorial (a bit like on the first game) is quite frankly, one of the worst I have ever come across. Literally - game launched - get on with it. Get on with what, exactly?

Uninviting, difficult, very unclear as to what is going on. Unless you're a fan of the original - stay WELL clear.

​D.

I dunno mate. It was essentially everything a sequel should be, and improved upon every aspect.
Double the units
Better balance
Better map design
Better singleplayer
MP isn't dead

But I suppose to someone who doesn't like the series, an improved version of something you don't like is still something you don't like lol.