ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steering all over the place

Tin Can with wheels
hey,

right my problem with my 182 is it doesn't like going in straight lines!

before anything the Tracking is spot on ....so its not that!

on the motorway it wants to go left when I'm not on the loud pedal and then slightly right when foot is down. (people must think I'm pissed as a fart every morning and evening as the car feels all over the place)

when braking hard it dives Left, but seems that the left suspension is being compressed far more. (have checked for leaks but nothing!)

when on full lock to the right the Left wheel seems to "jump"

and last of all on any road surface the steering wheel follows every god damn lump, bump and crack possible but i do believe this to be a characteristic of the RS (tramline'in)

any suggestions on what to check or replace. its really making me not like driving it :(

thanks guys/girls

SQ5
Is your car on standard suspension?

Sounds like a shock could be seized and pulling it that way, but then when you put your foot down it pulls right but its actually straightening out?

anythin quick!
i got the same thing, last time i checked i do remember seeing some leakage on the rear right shock

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
dnt mean to patronise, but how are ur tyre pressures,

other than that id examin the suspension,
snapped spring, siezed strut etc..

Tin Can with wheels
cheers for the help.

I'm running Eibach Pro's on standard shocks (but was pulling before on standard springs) will double check over the shocks this Sunday to see if i have missed anything and ill check all the ball joints to see if the problem is with them.

when putting my foot down it pulls to the right to center yeh but then ever so slightly starts pulling right.

have checked the pressures twice over and they are spot on all round

its just driving me nuts its not like the car has done that many miles either 17,544 04 plate

will let yah guys know what i find on Sunday, in the mean time keep hitting me with what you think it might be lol.

Cheers once again :)

RB 182FF, Saxo Track Car.
Had a similar problem on mine, have you replaced any tyres recently? or are any tyres due to be replaced? Also what brands of tyres have you got on the front?

If its not that, it may be a brake caliper sticking on.

Tin Can with wheels
Had a similar problem on mine, have you replaced any tyres recently? or are any tyres due to be replaced? Also what brands of tyres have you got on the front?

If its not that, it may be a brake caliper sticking on.

i have up front Michelin exalto pe2's 205/45/16 and recently replaced 2 with P-Zero's, that pair is on the rear tho. i would say the fronts need changing because they are the originals from new on the car and they are nearly 5 years old. guess i might get them done tomorrow £168 for 2 tyres fitted and balanced. will let you know os they feel after.

Tin Can with wheels
right so now i have new tyre's on the front and that hasn't solved a thing. :) i check all suspension shocks for leaks and all spring are seated correctly and nothing wrong there. checked all ball joints for play/wearing ... nothing. what checks can i do to the steering rack to see that's ok? again on full lock last night there was a load clunking sound comeing from the left which makes the front wheel sound/feel like its jumping..

cheers