ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering and handling problems.

Hi guys,

I've tried the search function to check if others have had the same issues as me but alas, no joy. Some historical info first...I could hear a squeaky sound comming from the engine bay when the car was cold. The sound went away once the engine warmed up. Taking some tips from the forum, I had the cambelt, aux belt and tensioners replaced. The sound still remained.

Now i've noticed that the sound only comes up when the car is cold and the steering is turned a little. If I return the steering to dead center, the sound goes away. When stationary and turning the steering wheel to the right, the RH front wheel judders a bit.

The handling of the car is weird. It seems as thought the RH front wheel is not turning in sync with the left one. I've replaced shocks, top mounts and done the tracking. I have a list of components that I suspect, steering rack, PAS pump, and tie rod ends. Any helpful advice will be highly appreciated.