ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steering column control

clio 20v

does anybody know if you can get a lead so the steering column control will work with an alpine headunit

you can definately get one for sony and i think kenwood do one aswell

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

apparantly so

alpine say yes

but sombody said they are really expensive and i mean really expensive.

u could just get a remote and use that :)

MaLicE

clio 20v

im not payin 80 quid for one but halfords arnt the cheapest of places it cant be much more than just a lead which when i last looked was plastic connectors and wire

adi

clio 20v

has anybody seen one of these adapters or got one

how do they connect up to the stereo, does it plug into the loom from the stereo or does it plug into somewhere else on the back of the head unit

if its only a connector and wires which it prob will be i wonder if the local stereo dealer could source the connectors and a wiring diagram so i could make one

ICE'dberg MK2 172

OK...if you really want one...and I did...then its going to cost £65 (cheapest I found). Sadly it doesnt end there, as one end of the connector plugs into the rear of the display...the original radio/temp display. So the dash has to come out to facilitate this....not a job I wanted so the local installer did it for £25

BUT WORTH EVERY PENNY!

as the 172 ride quality is not the smoothest and trying to get to the track you want on CD 5 and looking where you are going is not easy!!!

Just for the record - I have heard (like chris said) the autoleads connector requires you to remove the dash to connect to the display. However, the Connects2UK adapter does not require the dash to be removed and offers the same support for the display.

Quote: Originally posted by TonyKL on 23 September 2002

Just for the record - I have heard (like chris said) the autoleads connector requires you to remove the dash to connect to the display. However, the Connects2UK adapter does not require the dash to be removed and offers the same support for the display.
And where or who is Connects2UK? Got any more info? Really wana get a convertor wire for mine. I have a KDC-M9021 Kenwood unit and apparently it will interface with the standard heads up display, just aint paying the earth for a cable and ripping the dash out to do it! Lets face it, how many people here have to search for the supplied remote with aftermarket units? I know I do

B 8

Black Mk2 172 [ B 8 ]

Connects2UK is only compatible with Sony head units with bus control and wired remote.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

the alpine is easy to install what are you guys on about its only 5 screws and bits of trim

tip from me dont buy the £5.00 wiring harness just buy the box and the colours match up

just read your letters and have another idea for you.

ive got a blaupunkt md player in the dash,and steering wheel controls AND display!

they do every connector for every car with steering wheel remotes.dead easy to install as they use the same (iso) connectors as renault, so no dash removal.also a 5 disc (single din) cd changer that fits in the glove so well.

couldnt be easier.

i was a bit sceptical at first as im a alpine person (cant rate highly enough,although there losing it a little on this years models) but the blaupunkt is very very good!

ave a look!

S2 106 Rallye

Gengar, your question bout the Kenwood steering wheel remote adapters. I got mine from Audio Design in Kingston, not sure where your based but I ended up paying bout £90 in total, thats the adapter (CKR70EU) and Wire Harness (CAW72R). Took about 1hr to fit and set up but its well worth it.

I had a Sony adaptor in my 95 16v (still have it if anyone wants to buy it, digs it out of cupboard, its a PC9-101).

It has one connector for the head unt and another for the original remote connector. There is enough room behind the HU to leave it there, its a doddle to fit (replying to adis question here for an original Clio so no upper dash out), remote functions work a treat, can even do more than the original Renault one including turn the head unit on and off !

Its a little black box that converts the contact closing combinations of the renault multipin remote into different resistances for the Sony 3 pin interface, more trouble than its worth for DIY.

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

DTM, yours is a new clio right coz its 2002. Well mines the 2000 model, but it doesnt have that display, just the stalk control. Does that price include the display connection? I just want a stalk connection for my head unit.

Hon

clio 20v

cheers jonathon i dont think id be able to make one without having one to copy off

and as far as im aware my alpine hasnt got a connector on the back for a remote so i dont know how it would work

adi

Sorry Adi, must admit I mis-read some of the posts, I thought you were deciding weather to buy an Alpine head unit. Realising youve actualy got one my post is of no use ! Hope you can sort it though, remote control is handy.

gengar (hon),

nice to see you mate - hows things? i rang up a company for a kenwood adaptor when i was looking at my HU, the bloke said he could do me one for about £45! admittedly mines the old shape but i wouldnt have thought the wirign would be too different. Give me a bell or txt and ill try to sort the company out!

steve