ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Column

He guys, today was the evil MOT Day and the valver just about got through, but its come to light that Im gonna need a new steering column.

Any ideas on a rough price for this job, Ive had a look on andyspares & Europarts and they say about £185 for a power steering rack, is this all I need? and also how much labour do you reckon??

Any help much appreciated,

Cheers,

Cookie:)

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Quote: Originally posted by cookie:) on 16 December 2002

He guys, today was the evil MOT Day and the valver just about got through, but its come to light that Im gonna need a new steering column.

Any ideas on a rough price for this job, Ive had a look on andyspares & Europarts and they say about £185 for a power steering rack, is this all I need? and also how much labour do you reckon??
Do you mean a steering column or rack?

What was the advisory note with the MOT? (you should have an advisory even with a pass certificate)

Play in the o/s or n/s steering rack or excessive movement in the column?

Let me know and I will advise!

Bob RTE