ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering on a cup

Lads i have had my cup now since october last year, my steering is around 5 degrees to the right from centre. I have gone to my local dealer many times but always give me the same sh*t, its meant to be like that.

It can be very misleading and can never go in a straight line without adjusting the steering, its just needs to be put straight, have any of you had any of these problems, also there is a clonking noise from the front right hand side of the suspension when i turn right nearly on a full lock. I had a look at a website called car survey and a few cup owners are complaining about the clonking noise on the suspension.

The cup is a lovely car loads and loads of power, but depending on the road surface my steering can be very sensitive, on rough roads the steering is a bit all over the place (not to bad).

Any advice would be great

Had tracking done twice since new, and no its shouldnt be like that. The steering on the Cup will be sensitive and so it dosnt help when the tracking out. The renault techs wont have the skill to get it spot on as the other Renaults dont need it to be exact so they usually get it closeish. Hence why mine after two goes is still out but fed up of wasting my breath.

Take it to a specalist, (Best done by eye as the laser system can be easily rigged) they will sort it out.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

I agree...

Get the tracking done, but have the full 4 wheel allignment done, as they will lock the steering wheel in the centre position, then adjust the tracking to suit, then it will be spot on.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Typical Renault response..

err.. ye its meant to be like that... er ye we designed it that way for extra blah blah blah..

The clonking noise is a common problem to do with the suspension tops, Renault know about this and will fix it under warranty - Ive just had mine done, just ask the dealer to look up on the ACTIS reports.