ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering stalk lead to Sony CDX-580X...

Will I definately need this lead or is there any possibility that the wire in my car for the steering controls will plug straight into my new head unit? Does anyone know how the lead will actually work???

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Eh, chances of the original steering controls pluggin straight into a sony headunit without and adaptor box is zero im afraid.

IIRC the lead will do more than just change the adaptors, it will also "translate" the renault pulses into sony ones.

What year is the car?

Ive got a display and stalk one for sale for S reg to late V reg.

Let me know if its any use to you.

I paid £60 for it, will let it go for £50 inc postage if u want it.

Carl.

Ive got one. Its really not that good. It might be worth getting a sony remote cos youll be able to do a lot more.

i bought a sony cdx-580x with the pc9-101 adapter thingy bob for my stalk. i know the stalk doesnt do a great deal but if it did loads itd be pretty pointless having, its just to do simple things like change station/track and turn volume up n down without having to take yers eyes off the road. with a remote im gona be staring at it trying to see which buttons are where, lol, might aswell just look at the head unit!