ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stepping up from the D40

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'm looking to move up from my Nikon D40 that I've had for almost 2 years, and love it!

Ideally I'd love to get a D90 body so I can use all the lenses I have already :)

Is this a wise move? Or any other advice is much appreciated

Cheers
Trev

Merc A class
I have been looking at the D90 cant afford it as of yet so buying a few lenses and going to learn the camera a bit more!

:)

"Navy" N17 TWO
I have 3 Sigma lenses (10-20 / 17-70 / 70-300), a Tamron all-rounder and the Nikon "Nifty 50" and a range of filters for all :)

Fiat Panda 100hp
I went from a D40 to a D90. It is muchio better. Wish I had gone with the D300 though, feels much nicer to grip.

"Navy" N17 TWO
What's the ISO/noise like with action & night shots with the D90?

Noise is awful on the D40 in some scenes :(

"Navy" N17 TWO
I was thinking more of low ISO :clown:
Thought the D90 started from 100 but it's 200 same as the D40

Megane RS 275 Trophy
The D90 is a great step up, I went from the D40 To the D80 and now I've just got a D300s, so yes I would say the D90 is your next step.

Just do it you'll love it.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Only thing about the D80 that would interest me is the ISO starts at 100, but that's only a minor feature I suppose :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Happy days then :)
Just to make sure, it will work with the lenses I have on the D40, including the manual Nifty 50? :)

Last edited:
  182 & Porsche 986
The 50 will autofocus on the D90? if its the nikon one.

seems a good step up, i always started at the d80 will want a d300s/700 one day.. :D