ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sticking on reg plates

Clio Expression 1.2 16V
What do you use, whats nice and strong to stick on your reg plates rather than have them bolted on. Also is it illegal not to have them screwed on?

halfords do some good double sided tape.

Not illegal to not have it screwed on its juts got to be on securly realy.

Vecro or double sided tape usually, no it's not illegal to not have them screwed on. Some renault rear number plates are stuck on.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Like edde says . Halfords do double side sticky foam pads . Get the 1mm thicj ones . Make sure you line them up well cos once they stick they really stick , lol .

Velcro Heavy Duty range is great, very strong

I use these from Halfords, 1 either end of the plate holds it fine.

63247.jpg

106 GTi
Velcro Heavy Duty range is great, very strong

I use these from Halfords, 1 either end of the plate holds it fine.

63247.jpg

They work ok on the front plate where it needs to bend round slightly? may change over to these when I do the spring clean.

Halfords sticky pads on at the moment.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Halfords 1mm sticky pads are the best, they are just a b**ch when you need to change plates as they REALLY stick. But that's good for preventing people from nicking your plates easily.