ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sticky accelerator and a draught?

BMW F31
my accelerator is sticking every know and again usualy when im coming to a junction and have stopped and is in neutral once i pull the pedal up with my foot obviously it stops. anyone got any ideas why it is doing it or any remedies? wd40 down the sheathing?

also when driving at relatively high speed i get a draught coming from somewhere round the bulkhead on the drivers side right up behind the dash?? i think the fan is over that side but not sure. can anyone help as to why it does it?:S

BMW F31
yeah a mk2 ph1 soz lol.

where would you put the d40? in the cable at the top by the throttel or everywhere its exposed lol?

clio 1.6 16v said:
yeah a mk2 ph1 soz lol.

where would you put the d40? in the cable at the top by the throttel or everywhere its exposed lol?
Under the bonnet where the cable comes out of the sheath.

BMW F31
thanks very much mate.

got any ideas in this draught? is the fan etc over the drivers side cos my old 1.2 mk2 ph1 had the fan i think behind the middle of the console but this one has air con and im not sure, the draught is only happenin when im driving fast and its pretty strong

clio 1.6 16v said:
thanks very much mate.

got any ideas in this draught? is the fan etc over the drivers side cos my old 1.2 mk2 ph1 had the fan i think behind the middle of the console but this one has air con and im not sure, the draught is only happenin when im driving fast and its pretty strong
You need to get the panel up maybe the filter has come loose etc.