ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sticky throttle, possible air leak??

Ph1 172
Had the mani off to change the plugs, so I thought I would carb clean it and the throttle body, thinking i'm being nice to the little clio. Since it's all gone back together, the idle has risen to about 1k, and the throttle plate sticks open when the engine warms up. Basicly the revs don't drop when I take my foot off the throttle and it's in neutral, she still spins at 3k rpm?!! I can see that the throttle plate is sticking open so slightly, but If I cut the engine, the throttle plate drops back to fully closed?! I've checked a few things, but i'm wondering if it's an air leak possibly from an air line? Any help with this or ideas would be great!

Thanks.

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
I put the manifold on one of them slightly uncentred once and it idled high at 1k revs. Since you cleaned everything it may need resetting. Just disconnect the battery and leave it disconnected for at lease 10 mins.

See how that goes, good luck!