ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stone chipped bonnet

My bonnet is covered in little stone chips and it's got the point it annoys me every time I look at the car, even more when other people make comment about it.

I know you can buy a touch up pen/pencil to help hide them but what other alternatives are there as I'm really cack handed when it comes to things like this. Tried touching up a scratch on the roof on a previous car I owned and made a right mess of it. Would it be a case of getting the whole bonnet sprayed?

Vantage
if you wanted it to look fresh again, it is best to get a respray... cause you dont want to make a mess again...

then you should consider a bonnet bra to help prevent stone chips

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
and people take the piss out of bonnet bras and say they are s**t....

f_n1204323231m_1408037.jpg

Get the bonnet sprayed mate. Touching up looks sh*t at the best of times. never mind making your bonnet look like it has acne.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
i dont get why people cry over bonnet bras????wots the problem with them? they keep ur bonnet from being covered in stine chips and do look canny cool at the same time...

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
To be honest I'd rather have a stone chipped bonnet than a bonnet bra, I hate them, each to their own though.

lol i posted that pic and comment to help, not to be a goon, my bonnet also has stone chips, but the bonnet bra helps, espeshly if ur guna go on a longish journey

i dont think people relise these are not superglued on to ur car and can be removed in 10 seconds

lol i posted that pic and comment to help, not to be a goon, my bonnet also has stone chips, but the bonnet bra helps, espeshly if ur guna go on a longish journey

i dont think people relise these are not superglued on to ur car and can be removed in 10 seconds

Lol! Yeah I know what you mean mate, I agree they do what they're suppose to and protect the bonnet but the aesthetic looks really don't appeal to me.

Bonnet bras themselves used for the intended purpose aren't so bad, it's the people who think it's a mod and looks good and leave them on the car all the time that give them a bad name.

i want one now :D

&& i got mine sprayed for £100.. dint do the wings but it still matched

Not as expensive as I imagined then, I'd probably get the whole front end done to be honest as I've got marks on the front bumper and on my wings. Meguirs(sp) scratch-X can only hide a certain amount.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Lol! Yeah I know what you mean mate, I agree they do what they're suppose to and protect the bonnet but the aesthetic looks really don't appeal to me.

fair enuff point i know some people think they look shite, i do actually like the look myself aswell as it being good to prevent stone chips
its not as if it has to be on all the time, havnt had mine on for a couple of months reli now and ive noticed a load sof stone chips recently

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Bonnet bras themselves used for the intended purpose aren't so bad, it's the people who think it's a mod and looks good and leave them on the car all the time that give them a bad name.

haha someone asked me if its to do with aerodynamics and makes the car faster!!!hahahahaha, a said na mate it stops stone chips

its not as if it has to be on all the time, havnt had mine on for a couple of months reli now and ive noticed a load sof stone chips recently

Looks awful doesn't it? Most of the chips on mine came from when I was behind a mate, he decided to over-take a car by crossing some chevrons and fired up aload of crap all over my car.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Looks awful doesn't it? Most of the chips on mine came from when I was behind a mate, he decided to over-take a car by crossing some chevrons and fired up aload of crap all over my car.

it does mate i was shocked wen i had a close look at mine, its s**t, ive gt a canny big chip in my windscreen off being overtaken