ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange Annoying Temp Gauge Problem

Clio 172
For a while i have problem with my ph1 172' s temp gauge. it's working on cold start until 3rd line, and stay at the 3rd line for a short time and then its going on to the first line step by step. Not a slowly movent, on the contantrary it moves gradually. I took some photos for this problem:

Cold start, it stands normally
JvUgss4.jpg

it moves until here normally, and stops exactly that point
I1FSZ1l.jpg

And then it moves to first line step by step in around 10 minutes and stays there...
j7mh0Wm.jpg

EuYMLhw.jpg

And the strange one is, it is working very normally if I stop and start car again :)

After stop-starts:
8xunBj8.jpg

I realized that sth; when ı stoped the car for correcting the gauge, it sounds like a click voice from behind the gauge....

Also there is no problem after the engine temp reached normally. So i have obd sensor and check the coolant temp with obd, if it shows wrong, the temp on obs is very normal, between 80-90 cantigrad. There is no another problem about engine working. The car is going normally, without problem.
ı suppose that it is a gauge problem not related with any sensor. Unfortunately i dont know who can repair the gauge or can be repaired or not in Turkey :(

Searcing the problem nearly 3 weeks, i changed below sensor, but nothing changed :(
CvqmbKD.jpg

Do you have any idea? Actually it gonna make me crazy, i want to find the problem but i couldnt.... The gauge can be repaired? Is this possible or am i need to change the gauge?

Thanks in advance for your helpss...

Cheers guyss....

Cihan - from Turkey

Clio 172
Hello again,

The problem was on gauge, it was repaired yesterday by electrical mechanicer. it seems no problem for now. i hope it wont be again guys...

Cheers...