ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange electrical (I guess) problem..

172 Cup
Twice in recent weeks I've suffered from a weird electrical problem.

I'd driven to the local shops, about 1 minute away, spent 5 minutes in the shop and got back in the car. As I turned the key the engine turned over once and promptly died. It was as if the battery was completely flat.

I tried again 10 seconds later and it started immediately.

It's only done this twice (both in recent evening when it's been really cold outside) and doesn't show any other symptoms.

Any idea's?

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
mine has done this a couple of times a little while ago and is now fine i didnt worry to much as it restarted straight away.

172 A Cupwork Orange™
mine has done it since its got cold also, sounds like a very common prob with cups im not worrying about it to much

172 Cup
Check the carbon canister is working.

How do I do that Edde?

Not sure if it helps diagnose the problem but it's happened again just. I went out to the car, turned the key forwards to start the engine and it turned over once and everything went dead. HOWEVER rather than turn the key back towards me I held it in place and a second later everything sprung back into life and the engine started fine.

Check the carbon canister is working.
How do I do that Edde?

Not sure if it helps diagnose the problem but it's happened again just. I went out to the car, turned the key forwards to start the engine and it turned over once and everything went dead. HOWEVER rather than turn the key back towards me I held it in place and a second later everything sprung back into life and the engine started fine.
TDC sensore check then its a more common issue.

You cna hear the carbon canister clicking away at low speeds when its faulty usialy.

172 Cup
It gets stranger...

Just been out in the car and the clock is flashing "18:30"...

Is my car possessed?