ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange intermittent cutting out.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
This is for someone who works with me.. she has taken it to numerous garages who think she's going crazy as they can never get the car to do it!

If she is sat at traffic lights, she'll watch the needle go up to 'the 9'oclock' position on the temp gauge and then what she thinks is the EML will come on, then moments later it cuts out once it goes past the 9oclock position.

The car she has is a 2.0 one of these.

0497051-Renault-Megane-Cabriolet-2.0-16V-Privilege-2001.jpg

Any advice would be helpful!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'm going to say its a 2.0 16v F5R IDE - Please confirm

If unsure PM me the reg

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Reg isn't turning up anything on Renault WVS lookup but if it has "IDE" on the side bullets then it has what we call classic "IDE-AIDS"

In layman terms the Fuel Pressure Regulator is failing when it gets hot so is seizing up internally allowing the fuel pressure to creep up without control (Hence the engine is cut out) and so needs replacing.

The parts are pretty pricey still and ideally needs a CLIP diagnostic session (CLIP only as these vehicles have x2 ECU's for the engine; one for normal ignition and sensor control and a second for running the high pressure direct injection - Most Snap-On and other after market kit cannot see the Bosch ECU so cannot diagnose it). A simple enough job but needs to be performed by a competant person (someone who understands what 800-1200BAR fuel pressure in micro-bore steel pipework will do to you if you simply undo it).

http://www.diamondmotors.net/archives/9

Mick

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thanks a lot!

is this something you could do? rentech

Or anyone else ideally in Southampton?

Last edited: