ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange iPhone text issue

Lee

BMW M2C
I know there's the large thread at the top, but I wanted a spam free one so I can check it later while I'm out the office.

On a few occasions now I've received a text message from a friend, but the number which it originates from isn't the number of the person who sent it. I've also had a few random wrong texts.

I've spoken to o2 customer support who reckon they've heard of this before and it's fine!! WTF, it's not fine. They reckon it's iPhone related, and a hard reboot (the answer to everything) will fix it. b****cks will it.

Has anyone else had this or anything similar happen?

On top of the fact my phone drops off the network (even with full signal) for hours at a time I'm not best pleased with the cnuts at o2 at the moment. It looks like I'm going to be given a new number to try and fix that! I've had this number 11 f**king years.

VaVa
I have no idea about your issue but I will say I've had my number for so long it would be like losing an old friend were I to change it!

Lee

BMW M2C
I have no idea about your issue but I will say I've had my number for so long it would be like losing an old friend were I to change it!

I've asked for free forwarding of my old one for 12 months, and I'll be pushing for more if I do decide to do it.

Barge
Mine drops off the network, but if you go into settings > carrier, push it to pick up the signal again. :)

Don't have the text issues.

Lee

BMW M2C
Mine drops off the network, but if you go into settings > carrier, push it to pick up the signal again. :)

Don't have the text issues.

It's not in that way unfortunately. Full 3G signal, net access the lot, but no one can call or text me, it goes straight to voicemail and texts arrive hours later. It happens for hours at a time too. :dapprove:

They reckon it's an issue with my number.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
It's not in that way unfortunately. Full 3G signal, net access the lot, but no one can call or text me, it goes straight to voicemail and texts arrive hours later. It happens for hours at a time too. :dapprove:

They reckon it's an issue with my number.

I had the same problem with an LG Renoir on T-Mobile - strangely it was a handset issue.

Lee

BMW M2C
The sim card is a couple of weeks old. I've had 3 now. I've also tried various handsets.

They reckon the problem must lie with the number, as they've tried everything they're capable of, which is very f**king little.

I don't understand how it can just be the number.

Mines had a couple of instances where it has full signal and texts/calls don't come through but never the random text issues.

It could be the iPhone itself? Have you got a 3GS now?

Lee

BMW M2C
I don't understand how it can just be the number.

Mines had a couple of instances where it has full signal and texts/calls don't come through but never the random text issues.

It could be the iPhone itself? Have you got a 3GS now?

It's the only thing they've never changed, the number. They even took my number off the network for a day. I reckon they're full of s**t, and if they reallly wanted to they could seriously look in to it. I don't know much about telephony to be honest, but I imagine it to be similar to the way network routing works.

I've only ever had the random texts with the iPhone, but the other issue has gone on for a long time and with Nokia, HTC and Apple handsets.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Just iPhones in general, i know people who have the same issues.

Be a man, get a Blackberry. The most powerful messaging/calling tool out there.

Mine drops off ( call failing ) so bad i have to go into the garden ( i don't live in a fallout shelter ) to make and take a call.

None of my other phones have ever done this.

Whats with the list of other carriers? it's set to automatic at the mo , is that right?

Thanks

SLK 350
On a few occasions now I've received a text message from a friend, but the number which it originates from isn't the number of the person who sent it. I've also had a few random wrong texts.

I've had this happen.

+I get an MMS from a mate (called Andy), except it's not his number.
+I add it to the existing contact 'Andy' as a new number. I then replied with a picture of my beard (not pantie beard).
+I get a reply asking "Who is this please?"
+I reply with... Andy, it's James, how's things?
+I'm not Andy, you must have the wrong number.

Took it up with my mate, and he sent me the original picture, but not from the number displayed on my iPhone, and he received none of my replies.

Only had it happen knowingly on that one occasion, so put it down to a glitch in the matrix... but someone somewhere has a picture of my chin.

Lee

BMW M2C
I've had this happen.

+I get an MMS from a mate (called Andy), except it's not his number.
+I add it to the existing contact 'Andy' as a new number. I then replied with a picture of my beard (not pantie beard).
+I get a reply asking "Who is this please?"
+I reply with... Andy, it's James, how's things?
+I'm not Andy, you must have the wrong number.

Took it up with my mate, and he sent me the original picture, but not from the number displayed on my iPhone, and he received none of my replies.

Only had it happen knowingly on that one occasion, so put it down to a glitch in the matrix... but someone somewhere has a picture of my chin.

That's exactly how it's happened to me. It's always been with the same friend so far. The other number has been random. At least I know I'm not the only one. o2 don't seem to give a flying f**k about it!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Try getting them to unprovision your mms settings. You need to get someone techy as your account could be set up incorrectly