ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange noise between 3.5 - 4k

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
When i get up to about 3.5 - 4k i get a strange noise that sounds like a realy realy bad rattle sound. Any one no what it could be?

Steve

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
I was thinking maybe a loose heatshield to be fair but thought i would here it all the way through?
Thanks for help gents

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
No it happened on mine, I had a screw come out and at around 4k it made a horrible noise so I took it back to the guy who sold it me and he sorted it for me.

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
Ahh ok nice one, well i will have to have a look and prob buy me some screws!! Thanks for advice

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
Went to qwick fit and got it up on the ramps looks like its the internals of the exhaust. Might invest in one of the K tech mild steels, anyone had one what they like?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Went to qwick fit and got it up on the ramps looks like its the internals of the exhaust. Might invest in one of the K tech mild steels, anyone had one what they like?

I was right then !! thats what mine was first time :dapprove:
2nd time was bolt on the heatshield .

WANTED Arctic 182
My car makes a really bad sound like that when the engine is cold and it holds back. Is that normal? lol