ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripped Out The Rear Properly! Pics

CTR--VX220D
I recently stripped the rear - but not totally as I hate the bare wire look.

I however have just stripped as much as I can possibly do out of the rear. It looks great IMO.

All info and more pics here:-

http://renaultsport-clio.blogspot.com/

What do you think?

Before:-

Stripped6.jpg

After:-

Stripping14.jpg

Stripping18.jpg

Stripping16.jpg

:)

RenaultSport clio Trophy
How much weight do u reckon u've taken out? 20kg?

Not having a dig, just wondering.

CTR--VX220D
In total I have:-

Taken all std seats out inc rear bench, seatbelts, pretensioners [heavy], carpet, interior side trim inc boot, sound proofing inside the car and in the engine bay, spare wheel and accesories, airbags, all air conditioning, using lightweight tyres, Speedline cup rims, etc, etc,

The seats alone weighed nearly 90kg [I weighed them] have a look on my blog for more info..... thats not including all the stuff I took out after that!

The stuff I just took out today was quite heavy when I took it down to my shed [surprisingly so] I didnt weigh them though.

Lionel Richie
we took around 100kg out of yoz's, but we got sily with that, we ripped out most of the wiring loom, cut metal away etc ec

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i'd be tempted to fit acoustic carpet everywhere, yur gonna put about 1kg back in, the weight of a few pints of water

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
As per Hopkins. And why not get rid of the rear wiper as well Ragnotti style?

Looks good though.

Lionel Richie
acoustic carpet!!!!!! pardon em moi!

the air con system was about 20kg (have you weighed it all chris?)

CTR--VX220D
acoustic carpet!!!!!! pardon em moi!

the air con system was about 20kg (have you weighed it all chris?)

Nope - its all in a box, it feels quite heavy. I'll weight it when I get a chance.

Front door cards are staying - cant be arsed with relocating all switchgear etc.

Id rip the front carpet up if I could be bothered to remove the seats again.

80MPG BEEZA
i've taken all my gear in the back but still need to spray and i have to agree stuff eighs a ton spare wheel/tool kit, all the belt and tensioners all add up it makes alot of difference

Fiesta ST Stage 3
done this to my car to and it does all add up air con / spare wheel / rear seats / sound denting / etc etc does make a difference as said

Volvo S60 T5 asap
soon as I've saved up for a mk2 ph1 172, it will be getting the self same treatment. Can i contact u for advice when I get it, on bits to take out ?

Turbos.
Not sure if they are road legal? As with the rollcage, if you use it at all on the road you have to bear in mind that if you have a crash, you're dead. So i wouldn't get one either!

Looking good anyway Chris, suprised air con was only 20kg, weighed about 80kg in the NSX! Have you still got a heater?

Weeman sucks ****
Your car is now stupid light at the rear, without sounding patronising bear that in mind. Mine feels quite different since I made similar changes, lol. VERY tail happy and too twitchy round the 'ring for my liking. Hence, spare wheel going in.

Nice project car.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
looking good, get it to a weigh bridge to see how much weight you've lost. took mine the other day and was surprised id taken out 100kg:eek: taking the old girl down to 900kg ( its a mk1 tho ) still got lots to change tho bonnet, tailgate, plastic windows etc....

CTR--VX220D
Front door cards are staying - cant be arsed with relocating all switchgear etc.

Easy fix. Do away with the switch gear. Polycarbonate windows with sliders :evil:

Ive seen Yoz's beast that has carbon fibre sheeting in place of door cards - very hardcore. He said I can pop up and he'll help me out.... Im spending too much ££££ though!

i like the hoover pipes u put around the wires,

Not hoover tubes - I bet you cant guess where I bought them from!!! lol

i have stripped mine out too but what did you do with the pre tensioner wires at the back, when i dissconnected mine the sevice and airbag light come on? what did you do to yours? also when you painted it did you take all the interior out or just spary it whils covering stuff up?

looks the b****cks matey

CTR--VX220D
Your car is now stupid light at the rear, without sounding patronising bear that in mind. Mine feels quite different since I made similar changes, lol. VERY tail happy and too twitchy round the 'ring for my liking. Hence, spare wheel going in.

Nice project car.

Noted - although prefer the difference on the road... although might be a different thing on the track..... I have however taken away the REALLY heavy airbag filled seats out of the front and steering wheel airbag, aircon etc so I have lightened up the front.... the seats going back in were only 5kgs each! [not inc the subframes]

The things I were really suprised by is how much unsprung weight I have saved. I was carrying my cup turini's with lightweight rubber in one hand and a std turini with std size rubber and the difference in weight was staggering!

Im just uploading some pics of my decals.... I'll start a new thread.

Easy fix. Do away with the switch gear. Polycarbonate windows with sliders :evil:

Ive seen Yoz's beast that has carbon fibre sheeting in place of door cards - very hardcore. He said I can pop up and he'll help me out.... Im spending too much ££££ though!

i like the hoover pipes u put around the wires,

Not hoover tubes - I bet you cant guess where I bought them from!!! lol

were did you get the tubing from, ?

i want some lol

CTR--VX220D
If someone guesses close to where I got them from I will disclose the bargain! ;)

A clue:-

The logo has blue and yellow in it.