ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripped..

Navara, MGTF,307,KA
Very Bored today... and was reading through some threads on here. was looking at how much weight their was to be shed. so thought id have a go!

Photo1678.jpg

Photo1675.jpg

The Consequences!!!

Photo1676.jpg

The drive out

Photo1684.jpg

Photo1667.jpg

Photo1674.jpg

Photo1672.jpg

After the drive i found it to be a tad bit quicker, but not quick enough for me to keep it like this...

Iceberg 172
That's the thing... If you're not gonna do it properly then the negatives far out weight the positives imo.

Iceberg 172
Also, another note to make is weight distribution.

I get the Top Gear mag every month (as it was my bday present from my boss!) and they done a feature this month on "lightweight cars". One of the features was a 207 GTI which the stig ragged around the track. They then stripped it and let the Stig have a rag around... his conclusion was that they had ruined the cars handling and it was basically uncontrolable once the rear let go... now I know there is probably more weight in the 207 and the car was bog std apart from being stripped but it's something to keep in mind if wanting to strip a car to make it faster in a straight line... you could be ruining your handling ability!

TrackCar & F30 330d
That's the thing... If you're not gonna do it properly then the negatives far out weight the positives imo.

Yeah i sort of agree, right pain in the arss not haiving a boot. But i ended up stripping 170 -180kg off my 182 and it felt pretty quick, (now ITB'd)

Navara, MGTF,307,KA
Yeah i sort of agree, right pain in the arss not haiving a boot. But i ended up stripping 170 -180kg off my 182 and it felt pretty quick, (now ITB'd)

i was gonna keep going but it took like hour n half just to get rear bench out, b-cus of the stupid bar bolted to the floor. what is it for ?? any one know??

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I removed everything from my 172 and it was VERY high. If you're stripping it properly you need some lowering/tougher springs right away as it made my 172 very tail happy.

Iceberg 172

Definately, it's also annoying as hell if it's a daily. My Polo was stripped in the rear and it was a pain in the arse tbh...

Lack of rear seats (although I thought i'd never use them) is also a pain when the odd occassion pops up where they are needed!

M

mini-valver

Thats not anywhere near stripped. Thats prepared for a tip run IMO.

Stripped is one seat, dash top and a cage. Must try harder.

SQ5
Dont you still have a headlining? ;)

Sssshhhh!!

Only thing yet to remove tbh, and i cant bring myself to do it!

Why have you not removed it? Gay? ;)

To the OP, if your doing it you may aswell do it properly :rasp:

Steve - Its not just about losing weight, its the distribution. I stripped mine and stuck the battery right over the rear wheels just to move some weight to the back. Worked a treat. Now with the cage in there too should put some more over the rear.

I think my car could possibly be the most stripped road car on here ;) so I like to see it done properly :rasp:

M

mini-valver

Why have you not removed it? Gay? ;)

To the OP, if your doing it you may aswell do it properly :rasp:

Steve - Its not just about losing weight, its the distribution. I stripped mine and stuck the battery right over the rear wheels just to move some weight to the back. Worked a treat. Now with the cage in there too should put some more over the rear.

I think my car could possibly be the most stripped road car on here ;) so I like to see it done properly :rasp:

When i finally put my engine in, there's f**k all else I can take out. Own car loom, Vems and loom, battery, 1 seat, dash top, no heaters, engine, washer bottle, front wiper motor, 1 seat, harness and cage.

Iceberg 172

Exactly... I was just making that point, as some seem to just strip their cars to make them faster at the 1/4 mile! Then in the wet a roundabout appears! Less weight could cause locking up of wheels, stupid amounts of lift off oversteer etc etc.

I have removed everything behind the front seats in mine (Megane though, not a Clio) and quite like it. I don't have a loud exhaust so the noise is bearable and have only noticed an improvement in handling but then again I do have new (lower) springs, dampers, wishbones and tyres.

RS RIP
problem is; all weight removed is usually easily done in the back. Which is light anyway, not a good thing ; a twitchy rear end.

Think about the front aswell ! I put in some 6,5kg frontseats which takes some weight off of the front, but still scary sometimes when on the edge + loosing the back

SQ5
When i finally put my engine in, there's f**k all else I can take out. Own car loom, Vems and loom, battery, 1 seat, dash top, no heaters, engine, washer bottle, front wiper motor, 1 seat, harness and cage.

Yup thats about the extent of mine too, except two seats and a headunit! as trips to the ring are looong!

TrackCar & F30 330d

I must not be man enough, I have 2 bucket seats. Oh the shame of it!!

I'v not done too bad tho, Basically the same as Mini-valver but i have a heater.