ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strut braces

right who makes the best strutbrace for the 172 front and rear or is anyone good with autocad and can make one up ?? if so can you do me the design or what ever and send it to me please as i might be able to get them made up cheap

What do you think of the strut Mike? Last time I asked you hadnt really had it in the car, or are you waiting for tomorrow to tell?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by TonyKL on 26 June 2003

What do you think of the strut Mike? Last time I asked you hadnt really had it in the car, or are you waiting for tomorrow to tell?
Still waiting for a trackday, and cant make it tomorrow :(. Convinced its made the rear a lot tauter though. Its also eliminated a rattle :)

without those little rubber bits, any true flex would quickly nip the top of the strus off..........they are weak as feck.

Renault Laguna Coupe

The k-tec brace uses the top of the towers to take the load - the circular ends mount over and around the tops of the towers.

Renault Laguna Coupe

yes, that and the towers themselves. If the towers or the shocker top try to move the brace is put under load.

cool ben what would happen if i removed the exhaust and replaced it with a length of stainless steel of the same length and diameter ???

Clio 1.6 16V

Mike / Ben, the OMP rear brace works on the same principle as the K-Tec except that the ends are solid "inverted mushroom" ends that fit neatly over the top cups of the turrets. The shaft tops of the struts fit through central holes. The whole lot is clamped down with the top nuts. This setup does appear to work. When I first put it on it squeaked like buggery even over small irregularities on the road. On removal you could see where the top cup had been rubbing the inside of the brace end. I had to build it using Coppaslip to quieten it down. The ultmate way to do this would be to have brace cups that fit over the tops of the turrets, bolted down, independent from the strut top fixings, similat to a front brace.

doggy...........its would be LOUD! lol

rear brace......is till wouldnt spend my money on a half heated attempt......squeeking means movement.......the brake is already not doing its job.....its not like the chassis twists inches....maybe a mill or 2.

huh?

your gonna follow the boot floor with the brace?

Your gonna get all sorts of leverages and need to use some HEAVY gauge steel to be stiff enough........might as well use lighter steel and triangulate from the strut TOPS