ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stuck in DFU mode :'(

Well lads :)

I have the brother inlaws iphone 4 in front of me here and I can't get it out of dfu mode...

I've tried everything!

He updated to to 6.0 and had loads of problems.
Then tried to go back to 5.x.x.
With no blobs saved.
(not really sure what he did!)

So as it is now its a blank screen.
Tried pressing power and home but it doesn't do anything.
If connected to the computer(xp ftw!) itunes tells me to restore it.
So I restore it to 6.0.1 but I get a error code when its nearly finished(1601,1502? and a couple of more)

I connected it to tiny umbrella and clicked "fix recovery" but it doesn't work either...
When I connect it to redsn0w it says the iphone is in "soft dfu" mode.

when the phone was connected to tiny umbrella i saved the blobs(to see what fw its on) it said 6.0.1.

When the phone is connected to the computer and I press the buttons for dfu mode I can here(through the speakers) that the phone disconnects and connects again.

Not trying to jailbreak just get it going.

Anybody know what to do?

Clio 172, Pug 106
my iphone was stuck in DFU mode from when i put a developers io6 on..

i had to manually download the update and manually install it....

i got the downloads off redsnow i think it was, then it was a manual restore

I downloaded the update myself and when I click restore in itunes I'm holding the "shift" key to select the update I downloaded.

Is that what you mean "manual restore "?

Clio 172, Pug 106
yeah sorry thats what i mean... couldnt think of the right words to describe... had been ages since i did it..

doing mine was a complete faff but eventually it decided to work... i kept getting error codes and it wouldnt restore

Benz
When my iPhone stuck in DFU/recovery mode I choose to get it out of DFU mode:

1. Hold down the "home" + "power" button simultaneously.
2. After 12 seconds of holding, release the home button and continue to hold the power button until the apply logo screen comes on.
3. pat yourself on the back.

Hope this helps in some way