ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stumped with front components choice

Clio 1.2 16V Dynamique 02
I'm going to be using a Alpine MRP-T130 2 channel amp for powering some new front components. I should be also getting a Alpine CDE-9850ri HU to go with it.

I've come up with a range of Components that would probably fit:

- Hertz Dieci DSK130
- Infinity REF 5020cs
- the Pioneer Renault Customs
- Kicker 13 cm ES series
- Alpine SPE-13CS
- DLS B5A
- SPL Dynamics SD-5.2
- Rainbow SLX230

I know these are a mixture of prices but really I only want to spend 60-70 pounds on something that has good SQ for the money, not something that just booms.

One last thing, is there any cheaper, more or less as effective sound deadening, than the second skin and dynamat? I want it just for the doors

Any advice/ experience with the above speakers?

Thanks, Sam

Anyone with anymore information? Thanks, just I need to make some sort of decision, cause I'm not experienced with all these brands and different models!

Sam

Ph1 172 + Combo van
id go for rainbow, focal or helix
ive just bought a set of helix dark blue components they are amazing.

Having second thoughts and some more research

- I think my max price is really tops £90 now!

- and I can't seem to find the focal or helix in the UK, where did you find yours????? How much?

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Personally I'd go for the Rainbows. I love the ones that I have, they sound awesome.

^ Have to agree with infinity. Good quality, cheap, no faults.... unless you want to use them for a proper install... rainbow is another good option.

clio dci
If your wanting cheap go for JBL, awsome sound for pennies! That or the hertz come highly reviewed.

As for cheap sound deadening, use focus flashing tape, wont be more than £14 for a big roll and 3 layers will do the job.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Having second thoughts and some more research

- I think my max price is really tops £90 now!

- and I can't seem to find the focal or helix in the UK, where did you find yours????? How much?

Helix are from belgium and you can only get them from a helix registered seller in the uk which for me was an audio shop near me. they are only meant to come out in 2009 but had a couple of sets imported. they were selling them for 129.99 but they were closing down the shop so i got mine for 89.99.

rainbow are pretty decent to and are around your price range i think the model is called SLX?

Mk2 172
I'm going to be using a Alpine MRP-T130 2 channel amp for powering some new front components. I should be also getting a Alpine CDE-9850ri HU to go with it.

I've come up with a range of Components that would probably fit:

- Hertz Dieci DSK130
- Infinity REF 5020cs
- the Pioneer Renault Customs
- Kicker 13 cm ES series
- Alpine SPE-13CS
- DLS B5A
- SPL Dynamics SD-5.2
- Rainbow SLX230

I know these are a mixture of prices but really I only want to spend 60-70 pounds on something that has good SQ for the money, not something that just booms.

One last thing, is there any cheaper, more or less as effective sound deadening, than the second skin and dynamat? I want it just for the doors

Any advice/ experience with the above speakers?

Thanks, Sam

I can do the JL audio TR525csi components for 60 quid instead of 120 :) :)
As good and most probably better than any you have listed above :)

So your saying the JL ones are pretty much better than all the ones I listed? For £60? Shall I PM you to sort it out? Thanks, Sam

Focus RS Mk1
So your saying the JL ones are pretty much better than all the ones I listed? For £60? Shall I PM you to sort it out? Thanks, Sam

I would say they are yeah. JL audio is highly rated in the audio world.
Yeah pm me :)

totally disagree, yes very highly rated but more for subs n amps really.

for the comps not so much, £60 is a good price though :)

ask yourself. will you personally tell the difference between a £60 speaker and a £120 speaker???

that will then help you decide on what to buy

Mk2 172

ask yourself. will you personally tell the difference between a £60 speaker and a £120 speaker???

there speakers are awesome!!!!! Youve obviously never heard a set of decent JL audio components lol.
JL audio won best sound of the show at consumer electronics show in america with only there basic 100 quid components!!!!

The C5 components are a fantastic set of speakers!

Mk2 172

Yeah id tell the difference between the two. Most likely to be the tweeter that will be the noticable difference. All about fitment tho tbh.
Loads of dynamat or you may aswell not bother :)

Focus RS Mk1

there speakers are awesome!!!!! Youve obviously never heard a set of decent JL audio components lol.
JL audio won best sound of the show at consumer electronics show in america with only there basic 100 quid components!!!!

used to own a complete JL system. Several JL amps, several JL subs and of course JL comps! was never hugely impressed.

Mk2 172

used to own a complete JL system. Several JL amps, several JL subs and of course JL comps! was never hugely impressed.

Obviously wasnt setup properly or they werent fitted properly then.
Whats comps were they??

SO which ones are you actually selling Dan? The ones you showed the TR525csi don't exist on their site? The only ones close to that are the TR525cxi which are coaxials?? Fill me in... lol

Mk2 172
SO which ones are you actually selling Dan? The ones you showed the TR525csi don't exist on their site? The only ones close to that are the TR525cxi which are coaxials?? Fill me in... lol

yes sorry i meant the tr525cxi's. I forgot that they had dropped the csi versions.

Focus RS Mk1
cant remember of hand, was 3 years ago mind.

JL isnt the be all and end all of comps you know. Yes they may be good in your eyes but remember that a lot of car audio choice is down to personal preference. So the fact that you think they are amazing doesnt mean that i will too. Marmite kinda thing if that make sense, although not quite as strong as that!

I found mine to be too bright on the tweets. i ended up selling them on in place of some genesis audiophile comps which i found a much warmer sound. I was happier with them too.

And yes they were fitted and setup correctly.

Mk2 172
cant remember of hand, was 3 years ago mind.

JL isnt the be all and end all of comps you know. Yes they may be good in your eyes but remember that a lot of car audio choice is down to personal preference. So the fact that you think they are amazing doesnt mean that i will too. Marmite kinda thing if that make sense, although not quite as strong as that!

I found mine to be too bright on the tweets. i ended up selling them on in place of some genesis audiophile comps which i found a much warmer sound. I was happier with them too.

And yes they were fitted and setup correctly.

Yeah i agree totally. I love the genesis audiophile speakers. Had them in my impreza. Lack some of the attack that the JL's have but are defo a smoother speaker than the VR range comps for instance at the same money. JL's comps are very good value for money and if setup correctly can sound very good. I agree there are better comps on the market. We have the 3k set of focals in our demo car and they blow the JL's into next week but then again they are 3 grand lol

Focus RS Mk1
lol @ 3 grand!!! who actually buys them! id loved to know!

just scanning through loads of old pics to try n find what i had! found pics of the genny's but not the JL's

Mk2 172
So they're not components then?

No they are coaxials. Thats what id be putting in a clio. Tweeter is in a bad position on the dash. Like i said you can get hideous reflections off the windscreen and it can make it sound very bright. A 100 quid set of coaxials will be better value than the comps at the same price as you are not paying for the cost of 2 crossovers

Mk2 172
lol @ 3 grand!!! who actually buys them! id loved to know!

just scanning through loads of old pics to try n find what i had! found pics of the genny's but not the JL's

Weve sold 6 sets so far. We fitted a set last week along with the project 15 Genesis valve amplifier(3.5k) and its sounded fantastic. Had a JL 10W7 in the boot and a Dual Mono Extreme amp running it. Fantastic imaging and dynamics!! :)