ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupidly High Emissions!

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
I have researched this using the search tool on the forum and noted a few things it might be (such as map & coolant sensor).

But am wondering if it might be anything else?

Both the Lambda sensors are less than 1 year old and the Cat is almost exactly a year old.

The mechanics said they had to leave the garage as their eyes were watering because of the emissions!!

I have read that ragging it before taking it to the MOT is a good idea, but I can't see how that would reduce the emissions as they are so high.

have scanned the clio's failures below, looking at past threads, it seams I may have broke the record in how high the readings are!!

It's booked into Renault as the mechanics could not diagnose the problem on both of their computers.

failzgp.jpg

Clio Cup,Leon 1.8T,Eunos
Your Lambda probe can't be working.... way way too rich for that.

If it's been running badly rich for long enough your cat might be next to useless as well.

Check for wiring breaks etc

Not sure on what diagnostics capability these Renault's have - but most cars should tell you something meaningful with a fault code scan

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
well my local garage have passed it through as it is down to 1.00, he said that they have changed a long list of stuff such as an O2 sensor, coolant sensor, injector valves, cleaned the ICV system and some other stuff.

He said the only thing it will be to get it down to the legal limit is the Cat, but he said if I take it away for 2 weeks, give it a good drive, that might bring it down but if not he can change it then as there is no point changing it if it doesn't need to be.

total cost including a wheel bearing and new MOT just under £250