ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub and Amp

The Bus and MRT
Hi can someone give me some recommendations for a decent sub and amp to power it. I don't have a lot of cash to spend and the less I spend the better. Can't afford a full system however much I want it so just going to Keep the standard head unit in my 172 Mk2 + standard speakers and just add a sub and amp for a bit o bass.

(That said if anyone has an idea for a cheap setup that would work better than just a sub and amp I'll consider it ;) )

Cheers

v.cheapferrari
check on car audio security & car audio direct for the alpine type r package

u get 12" sub, box, wiring kit, n amp to power it, great deal

The Bus and MRT
dunnaz said:
check on car audio security & car audio direct for the alpine type r package

u get 12" sub, box, wiring kit, n amp to power it, great deal

Ok thanks mate, I've had a quick look and the only type r one seems to be 1000w sub, as I'm not upgrading the rest of the system I think this might be a bit of overkill and they'll be nothing but bass :D am I best of getting just a sub or do you think one of the 6x9 or even component deals would be better just so I get extra bass but it doesn't overwhelm the rest of the system?

thanks again

The Bus and MRT
I'm tempted by either of the following

Alpine: Alpine 10" Type E Crunch Deal -£140

-Alpine SWE-1041 600W Type E 10" subwoofer,
-CRUNCH MXB2125 500W Amplifier,
-10" Sealed carpeted sub-box
-Autoleads PC4-20 wiring kit

or

Product Code: AL-SPR69LP-MRPT220-deal - £155

-Alpine MRP-T220 250W Amplifier
-Alpine SPR-69LP 250W 6x9 speakers
-Autoleads PC4-20 wiring kit

Not bought any stereo stuff for my car since my saxo when I had a full setup @ ~£900 worth of kit, it all got nicked from uni and I got £0 pounds back from the insurance as I would have got £300 for the stereo - my £150 excess and lost my 3 years no claims.. kind of put me off so I'm a little out of touch I'm afraid ;)

The Bus and MRT
Ok now another idea...

How much louder and how much more bass would a Kenwood: KDC-W534UA - CD/MP3/USB TUNER headunit + some decent components give me over the standard 172 mk2 setup? Also what size components will fit in nicely?

Cheers

astra coupe on coilovers
or better than all them mensioned go for RE XXX 12" v4 powerd by a celestra da4k thats what im running :evil: