ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub and Speaker noise

TT
hey guys

need a bit of help, i have 2 12" fusion subs and 4 JBL 6x9s, i have taken them all out so i can build my own install, i have build the box for the two subs, and i tried installing them. one problem, when i turn the engine on, the subs go crazy, a bit like the engine wine you can get from mid's, any suggestions because i cant work out the problem?!

cheers JD

TT
oh and not only that, but now when subs and amps are disconnected my front standards make the engine whining noise, i dont think its a grounding problem with the headunit, cause that hasnt been taken out since i first put it in?

Monaro VXR
OK where are you running the cables? Its not a good idea to run power rca's etc all down 1 side that can cause interferance. Also sometimes the amps if there mounted to bare metal even can cause interferance. Grounding points with multiple amps should all be the same place dont ground them in different point in the car.

Make sure theres no snagged wires anywhere. And upgrade the front components :p.

4 6x9's, 2 subs and factory fronts...god id hate to hear how that sounds. I had an interferance problem in the end i changed all the cabling for better stuff and ran it outside ended up mounting the amps on a chunk of mdf and it got rid of loads of my interferance that and putting both earths for the amp in the same place.

Trying to think why you would get engine noise through factory fronts though if all you did is have the headunit powering them. And you say engine whine from mids? You should have no engine noise from any speakers etc.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
JclioD said:
hey guys
i have 2 12" fusion subs and 4 JBL 6x9s

oh dear.

Anyway, You are probabley getting interferance. As Said, Run your RCA's and Power wires down SEPERATE side of the car.

Ziel Nurburgring
Where is the power taken from and where is it earthed? It sounds like the cable is shorting, or the amp is dead as its feeding power through the subs, rather than sound.

As for the install, sell all the 6x9's to Dave L. Chav and buy 2 sets of components if you really have to have speakers in the rear. s**t by 9's suck more than a fluffer on a p**n film set.

GOLF GT TDI
buy addon called a "ground loop" only a few quid, they simply plug into your RCA's

TT
RCA leads and power cables are on seperate sides, and the standards arent going to be there for long, i have no choice at mo, since im still a student, i had 6x9's from before i had a sub, i got 2 in the front and 2 in the back, it sounds ok, cause they re all amp'd, i used to have infinite components, but lost them when i wrote off my old car.

the amps are just leaning behind the subs against the rear seats, and are grounded to the bolts holding the plastic bit of the back of the seats (on '05 model) they used to be all fine, untill i randomly connected again, and dont make much sense?specially the whining from standards when everythings disconnected, but i have a feelingcouple of the leads may have been touching as i disconnected them (i had got stressed at this time so just pdisconnected everything and left)

but i still dont get why subs play permenant base (not in tune with music, just constant) while engines on, when its off it plays perfectly?

Ziel Nurburgring
The noise your hearing is the altenator at a guess, when the engine isnt running, neither is the alt.

Where are the live and remote feeds taken from?

Polo + Micra
ground fault 99.99999999999999999% of the time

rca's and power cables next to each other making it = urban myth

hell i zip tied my rca's to my power cables and have the remote coming down the middle of the rca's and that with a peak of about 130A being drawn by the amp and i get f**k all noise

GOLF GT TDI
for the subs like i said your best bet is to try a ground loop interface i dont have one mayself as i dont need one, i got a battery in the boot so i would really get any interferance any way each amp of mine is drawing 150A each need a better alternator :)

Polo + Micra
Stu_c said:
for the subs like i said your best bet is to try a ground loop interface i dont have one mayself as i dont need one, i got a battery in the boot so i would really get any interferance any way each amp of mine is drawing 150A each need a better alternator :)

no wonder you lost your back window with about 2.7kW output lol

TT
Stu_c said:

good work with that, lol and il try the grounding again, and let you know, and once its all finished, il get some pics up, cheers

TT
if its also a weak grounding problem, do multilple amps need to be grounded to the same place?(even the one running 6x9s)they didnt used to be, but my cars obviously not liking me at the moment?