ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk4 RS - Speaker Replacement Question

Renault Clio RS 2014
Hi,

I have a 2014 Mk4 Clio RS. One of the front door speakers has gone and needs replacing. If I am replacing the fronts, probably makes sense to upgrade the rears too. I would not be looking at adding an amp, so high sensitivity is order of the day to have them running from the standard R-Link system. Of course, I have found the Focal sets which come with everything required and seem pretty much plug and play. However, I still want to see what other options there are that may come in a bit cheaper (e.g. Audison), which also means separately purchasing the speaker adaptors/spacers.

Now, as far as I am aware the stock speakers are 6.5"/165mm in the front and 5.25"/130mm in the rear. However, when looking for the spacers I can only find 165mmm spacers which are listed as being for both the front and rear doors. I cannot find 130mm spacers. So...

Are the 3 holes for affixing the spacer equally spaced on the front and rear doors, meaning the same spacers could be attached front and rear? Is there enough space in the rear doors and behind the door cards to fit 6.5" speakers in place of the standard 5.25" speakers? If not, could someone point me towards some appropriate 130mm spacers?

Many thanks. :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I'd ask on the Facebook pages, I think there's about 5 mk4s on this forum and I'd wager zero have changed the speakers!

Renault Clio RS 2014
I'd ask on the Facebook pages, I think there's about 5 mk4s on this forum and I'd wager zero have changed the speakers!
Thanks for the suggestion. I had already tried Reddit, but the sub only has 5.5K users and only one of those has replied so far.