ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sub wiring kit?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Picked up a sub with a built in Amp.
Anyone local to Windsor selling a cheap wiring kit, or know a shop that sell 'em cheap?

Thanks

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Just went out, and bought a brand new one, (some woman bought it, put it in her car, and hated it so took it out).. 12" Edge 900W Sub, Edge ED7400 400 Watt sub, and brand new wiring kit for £50.

Just blagged her a bit, how urgently I need it, and I've only got £50. Sealed deal!

sub.JPG

Just went out, and bought a brand new one, (some woman bought it, put it in her car, and hated it so took it out).. 12" Edge 900W Sub, Edge ED7400 400 Watt sub, and brand new wiring kit for £50.

Just blagged her a bit, how urgently I need it, and I've only got £50. Sealed deal!

View attachment 90920

nice! thats the same sub ive got, but i have the 800W amp and its powering my component speakers in the front as well as my sub :)

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
What dya think of it? Read the reviews, most people say it's a decent sub.

Not sure wether or not to drill the amp to the back of the sub, or have it under the passenger seat.

What dya think of it? Read the reviews, most people say it's a decent sub.

Not sure wether or not to drill the amp to the back of the sub, or have it under the passenger seat.

I've just sat the amp next to the sub tbh, I think its good, very punchy, but not overly responsive and smooth, as it has a big port, but it's all personal preference at the end of the day!

ITB BG 182
All sorted now.
Best way to hide the wires in a Clio?

Type in amp power wire and it will tell you on the search function.

All the wires are easy enough to hide, if I can hide 0awg, 3 phono leads, 4 dual speaker leads, then I am sure you will be able too with a small 4awg.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Type in amp power wire and it will tell you on the search function.

All the wires are easy enough to hide, if I can hide 0awg, 3 phono leads, 4 dual speaker leads, then I am sure you will be able too with a small 4awg.

Sounds easy enough then fella.
Still in two minds however.
Amp under passenger seat, or amp screwed to the back of the sub.
What would you do personally?

ITB BG 182
I would not advise putting the amp on the sub box, it can cause damage to the amp.

If you get a square piece of mdf board pref 12mm, make it a 3-4 inch's bigger than the amp.
Looking from the boot, unzip the backings on the rear seats, and fix the mdf board to the square grid as securly as possible.

Zip it all back up and fix the amp to the board.

That way it will be secure and free from damage off the sub box booming.

Should cost no more than £5 including cable ties and about 20 minutes.

Polo + Micra
having the amp anywhere in the boot will subject it vibrations

i had my JL audio amp screwed to the back of my sub box never did it any harm