ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Subaru Impreza WR1

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Took some pics of the new blue beast, some with my new number plate on. Just need to go to DVLA to register it onto the car now :cool:

Loving it!

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00735.jpg

DSC00733.jpg

DSC00732.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

Exhaust, Induction kit and remap in the next couple of weeks. That'll do for now. I'm skint!

:D

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I figured seeing as the P1 EVL plate was valued at over £1500 I'd follow suit with the WR1. lol.

Mind you, I didnt even stick it on straight for the photo's!

Bah.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Cheers Gary mate :)

Are you going to De Tango it ;)?

Oh yes. ;)

How do you find it compared to the P1 then?

Loving it. Its not as raw as the P1 and doesnt give you the kick up the arse like the P1 did when the turbo kicked it, but its just as quick for sure. Should be tip top once mapped too.
Its more solid, less cabin noise, feels stronger and more reliable and looks bladdy lovely! :cool:
Like I've said in Other Marques thread, not to everyones tastes, but I love it.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I will post in the same thread as you Scutchio, in the hope it doesn't get locked...

Car looks absolutely epic. 100% awesome. LOVE one one day! :)

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
My mates got a cracking bonnet for you Neil , all you need to do is wipe off the Acropolis mud and bend it straight again!!! its all aluminium light as a feather mate, Ex Hirvonen 2004 :rasp:
scraplol1tp3.jpg

scraploltj4.jpg

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That is a stunning car scutch.Beautiful colour too

Now just remove the subaru of the door and replace it with scutch

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I can appreciate that you presumably sold the P1 due to the 3 dr aspect and got a WR1.

Does the WR1 feel a bigger car to drive being a 5dr?

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
whats the hp in that scutch??

i jst swapped my cup 4 a 'W' reg wrx with 340bhp

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
whats the hp in that scutch??

i jst swapped my cup 4 a 'W' reg wrx with 340bhp

320bhp standard, 0-60mph in 4.25s, 0-100mph in 10.7s

W reg... that would be classic shape iirc? (cant recall if the bugeye came in at W or Y).

That'll certainly shift, anyway!

The P1 was around 350bhp, with the standard VF28 turbo. It gave you a right kick up the arse when the boost came on.
The WR1 uses the VF35 turbo, which is stronger, more capable and reliable, and is more progressive with the power surge. So you dont quite get the same kick as the P1, but its going the same speed. Saying that, I put my foot down on a straight just coming off a bend last Monday evening in 2nd gear and it completely caught me out! Grip FTW! lol :eek:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I can appreciate that you presumably sold the P1 due to the 3 dr aspect and got a WR1.

Does the WR1 feel a bigger car to drive being a 5dr?

Yeah, baby mainly. But the other crucial factor was the P1 wasnt getting any less miles put on it. With them dropping below £11k in value, we thought it was best to sell on and put towards a newer car while we still could. The WR1 was the only choice after we fobbed off the idea of the MR FQ's. Got a great price for the P1, too. Few people say they'd have kept the P1, but I'd say the majority hadnt owned one for almost 3 years. Time to move on :)

Great pics there Scutchio, how did you get that plate ?? dvla ??

DVLA website year. It was either that or W21 EVL. The EVL plates are good at valuation increases. When I emailed an online firm for the valuation of P1 EVL 2 months after I bought it (for £500) they told me it was worth £1200 and explained that the EVL plate was used on the Lamborghini Murcielago demo car :)

Shed.
Took some pics of the new blue beast, some with my new number plate on. Just need to go to DVLA to register it onto the car now :cool:

Loving it!

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00735.jpg

DSC00733.jpg

DSC00732.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

Exhaust, Induction kit and remap in the next couple of weeks. That'll do for now. I'm skint!

:D

so, is it faster than the P1 ????

good to see its been replaced with something worth, although im unsure which one i like tho most, the P1, or the wr1..

looks bloody mint and sexy tho !!

E90
Jap clutter

But Lovely, best subaru of em all imo, that colour is pure sarx, Private plate is charva though, Normal plates FTW

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
so, is it faster than the P1 ????

good to see its been replaced with something worth, although im unsure which one i like tho most, the P1, or the wr1..

looks bloody mint and sexy tho !!

Standard v Standard its quicker yeah. But the P1 was remapped and modded to around 350bhp. To be honest, it hard to notice any difference is speed or acceleration at that sort of power level. The WR1 will be around 350bhp too in a week or so. The turbo on it is stronger than the P1 turbo, so I'm expecting it to feel a bit different to how it does now with another 30bhp+!

E90
Every man women and Nonce has a private plate, your being individual if you have a normal one these days. I wanna see that at the Ring this summer, and your going to let me have a go in it. LOL